} Read more: http://www.widgetgenerators.com/2013/05/customize-contact-form-of-blogger.html#ixzz2w7Zq1Ut8

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Ricky Gervais Twitter Q&A with @GoldDerby


GD: Hey @rickygervais - you ready to rock and Emmy roll with @goldderby?

RG: Bring it on.

GD: What's more important, winning the Emmy or beating Louis CK?

RG: Haha. I love Louis but he sweats way too much in a Tuxedo. No one wants to see that on stage at such a prestigious event.

GD: So true. You never sweat it. What's more important, winning the Emmy or world peace?

RG: World peace. Definitely world peace. (I'll DM you the real answer)

GD: In 2007 you staged Best Actor upset, triggering 4,291 Hollywood heart attacks. You're aiming for how many this year?

RG: Haha. Yeah there were a lot of raised eyebrows that night. (Well there would have been if they hadn't all had so much Botox.)

GD: You also won Best Comedy Series in 2006 as producer of the US 'The Office'. Were 'Curb', 'Scrubs' and '2.5 Men' sore losers?

RG: Even I don't remember that. I think you know way too much about award shows. (I bet Larry didn't even turn up.)

GD: Our editors pick you to win now for two reasons: 1) You're sexy. 2) Your episode entry (brilliant!). Why episode 6, season 2 of 'Derek'?

RG: I think it's the most stand alone episode with a bit of everything. Comedy, tragedy and heart. Sexy indeed...



GD: Were you tempted to have Derek's date go awry? So sweet to see it be happy. She sees Derek's charm and goodness, so we do too.

RG: I love my characters so I always try to give them eventual joy. Derek deserves happiness and I can make sure he gets it. :)

GD: Derek's inspiring speech at the end should be etched in marble. Sums up who he is and who we SHOULD be. Hard for you to write?

RG: Writing and acting like Derek is like life: Just be kind and everything turns out OK. I'm thinking of just being him full time. :)

GD: Ah, sweet idea! What are your future plans for the 'Derek' series?

RG: Probably the same as The Office and Extras: Two seasons and a special. Lazy.

GD: Not lazy. Sounds right. If you win an Emmy will you: 1) Give poignant speech? 2) Trash the joint like a frathouse bash?

RG: I will trash the place,  but I'll do it crying and thanking god. Multi tasking.

GD: GREAT! Greatest perk of your career! Last question: Is it ever OK to kill for an Emmy?

RG:  Is it okay for a lion to kill if it's protecting its baby? (It's getting weird now. Thanks for the chat.)


GD: Thanks for chatting with us Ricky! Have FUN on Augest 25th at Nokia Theater.

1 comment: